NEW TO HORSE RACING?
SELECT THE LINKS BELOW TO START WITH THE BASICS
1. Once you’ve made a deposit, select the track and race of your choice. The Bet Pad shows the runners, available bet types with their base amounts to select.
2. The arrow under the horse’s number displays their past races and replays along with horse, jockey, and trainer stats.
3. Don’t get shut out! Monitor the minutes to post (MTP) in the upper right.
HOW ODDS WORK
1. Each horse is given morning line (M/L) odds and the favorite has the lowest odds. In parimutuel betting, odds change based on the total amount bet and are final once the race starts.
2. Fractional odds are displayed to the right of each horse’s name. 10/1 means for every $1 bet, you receive $10.
3. Payouts are calculated with the races final odds and are distributed once the race is official.
LEARN THE BET TYPES
Single Race Bets – Possible bet types in a single race
- Made your choice? Win (First), Place (Second) or Show (Third) are great bets to start with. Check out other single race bets below.
- Win – Horse you selected must come in first.
- Place (PLC) – Horse you selected can finish in first or second.
- Show (SHW) – Horse you selected can finish in first, second, or third.
- Win Place (WP) – Places a win and place bet in one bet.
- Win Show (WS) – Places a win and show bet in one bet.
- Place Show (PS) – Places a place and show bet in one bet.
- Win Place Show (WPS) - Also known as “across the board”. Combines Win, Place and Show into one bet.
- Exacta (EX) – Correctly pick the first two finishers.
- Trifecta (TRI) – Correctly pick the first three finishers.
- Quinella (QU) – Select horses to come in first and second in any order.
- Superfecta (SPR) – Correctly pick the first four finishers.
- Super High 5 (SH5) - Correctly pick the first five finishers.
Multi-Race Bets – Select winners of multiple races. Check each race to see where the bet starts.
- Doubles introduces you to picking winners of multiple races. The risks get higher with other multi-race bets seen below.
- Double (DBL) –Pick the winners of two consecutive races.
- Pick Three (PK3) – Pick the winners of three consecutive races.
- Pick Four (PK4) – Pick the winners of four consecutive races.
- Pick Five (PK5) – Pick the winners of five consecutive races.
- Pick Six (PK6) – Pick the winners of six consecutive races.
- Pick Seven (PK7) – Pick the winners of seven consecutive races.