BetMGM is proud to offer an unparalleled and exciting gambling experience. Before you gamble, we want to make sure you have the information and resources you need to keep gambling fun now and for the years to come.
Below you’ll learn about our commitment to responsible gambling, some strategies and tips you can use to gamble the right way, information about problem gambling, and where to find help should you experience any gambling related harm.
Please take a moment to read through the information, and remember, keep gambling it fun!
While the vast majority of people are able to gamble for run and safely, for some, gambling can lead to significant problems. In some cases, individuals may suffer from a gambling disorder, which is an addiction characterized by an individual’s increased preoccupation with gambling, a need to bet more money frequently, restlessness or irritability when attempting to stop in spite of the mounting, serious, negative consequences.
It’s important to be mindful of how gambling is affecting you. Below are warning signs to look out for and pay attention to.
Problem Gambling Warning Signs
- Sacrificing time from work or family in order to gamble
- Difficulty maintaining control of their gambling
- Borrowing money to gamble or to pay off previous bets
- Using gambling to escape the pressures of life and work
- Neglecting yourself or family in order to gamble
- Lying about time or money lost to betting
- Gambling more in order to recoup previous losses ("chasing")
- Obtaining money for gambling by selling/pawning personal property
- Stealing or committing any kind of crime in order to fund your gambling
- Feelings of hopelessness, depression or suicide
Problem Gambling Screener
If you’re unsure about seeking help for your gambling, a brief e-screener is available through Harvard Medical School’s Cambridge Health Alliance. This screener can be accessed on their website.
Making the decision to seek help for a gambling problem isn’t easy, but for those affected, it could be one of the best decisions they ever make. This critical first step can set you on a path to recovery and a healthy and fulfilling life. To help you find the resources and support in your area, we have provided the following information.
If you, a family member, or a friend has a problem with gambling, call the 24-hour National Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-522-4700. For state specific information please see below.
National Council on Problem Gambling
Ohio for Responsible Gambling
Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-800-589-9966
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Please contact us directly if you have any questions. Our Responsible Gambling team is at your disposal at any time and can be contacted by e-mail: responsiblegaming@BetMGMhorseracing.com.
Protection of minors
Underage gambling is a criminal offense and any person who facilitates someone under the age of 21 to gamble has committed a criminal offense and shall be prohibited from Internet gaming.
BetMGM excludes minors (persons under the age of 21) from gambling, so we will always ask for proof of age during the registration process. We also begin an automatic identification process immediately after registration, which can require a copy of a picture ID document upon deposit or withdrawal. We take our responsibility for preventing minors from playing with us seriously and in order to offer the best-possible protection of minors, we require the shared responsibility of parents. Use child protection software, such as Cyberpatrol or Cybersitter to block gaming sites from under-21s
If you know someone under the age of 21 who is registered with us, please contact us immediately at responsiblegaming@BetMGMhorseracing.com.
At BetMGM we stand by the following:
- Gambling should be a fun activity and enjoyed as a form of entertainment.
- BetMGM is committed to embedding Responsible Gambling across all Company activities.
- BetMGM recognizes that while the vast majority of individuals are able to enjoy gambling in a responsible and healthy way, some individuals unfortunately experience problems related to their gambling.
- BetMGM believes in the power of informed choice to prevent gambling related harm, and provides responsible gambling tools, responsible gambling information, odds, and resources to empower its customers to make appropriate choices related to their gambling.
- BetMGM stands by its customers and will make every reasonable effort to assist those who are experiencing gambling related problems.
- BetMGM believes in a shared responsibility approach to addressing problem gambling and is committed to working with government, academia, problem gambling treatment and advocacy groups, the communities where we operate, and our customers to promote responsible gambling and address problem gambling.
- BetMGM is committed to evaluating and continuously improving its responsible gambling program and initiatives.
KEEP GAMBLING FUN
With so many different ways to bet, odds to understand, and responsible gambling tools to consider, it might seem a little overwhelming to figure out what works best for you. The following information will hopefully inform and empower you to develop the right mindset and approach to keep your gambling fun and safe.
The Responsible Gambling Mindset
A fun gambling experience begins with self-awareness, and self-awareness begins with an honest assessment of your risk tolerance and expectations. The decision to gamble is a personal one, and each individual is responsible for their actions.
Before you play, you should consider the following:
- How much money and time you want to spend while gambling
- Your loss and win limits
- The amount per bet you’re comfortable playing
- The odds of winning your bet
- A plan to stop play once you’ve reached your limits or are no longer having fun
We offer a range of different options that can be used to manage your gambling activity at any time. This includes tools which allow you to limit the amount you can deposit or wager, time limits to help you control how much time you spend gambling or the option to place a “timeout” on your account from gaming for a period of time.
You can set deposit limits, loss limits and time limits. Once established, any decrease to these limits will be effective immediately and you will receive an instant text notification. Any increase to these limits will become effective only after the time period of the previous limit has expired.
Deposit limits can be set on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and specify the maximum amount of money you can deposit into your Internet gaming account during a particular period of time. Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Deposit Limits to set the limit.
Loss limits can be offered on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and specify the maximum amount of money you can wager during a particular period of time. Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Spending Limits to set the limit.
A time-based limit is offered on a daily basis and specifies the maximum amount of time you may spend playing on the website (time is measured hourly from the time you log in to the time you log out). Please go to Account -> Settings -> Time Management to set the limit.
Should you need a timeout (“cooling off”) period from gambling, you can choose our timeout action. Please be aware that the timeout has to be for a minimum of 72 hours and that during that time period you will not be able to login to place a wager or deposit. Please contact customer service should you want your funds returned during that period. The account will be automatically reenabled after the selected timeout period has passed. Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Self-Exclusion to timeout.
Should you need to take a longer break from gambling, we provide a timeout for up to 365 days. This timeout period means that your account will remain closed for a period of 12 months and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during that period (unlike a standard account closure request). Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Self-Exclusion to timeout.
If you want to take a break or stop playing at one or more products for any other reasons than the prevention of gambling-related problems, we also offer a service closure option available through our Customer Service team.
If you, a family member, or a friend has a problem with gambling, call the 24-hour Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-522-4700.
Terms of Service